Friday, January 21, 2011

Matt + Lora: Everything's coming up roses!

My head is too full of ideas to sleep! It's the big day before Matt and Lora's big day, and all I can think about is garden roses, orchids, lisianthus, white sand and candlelight! It's all going to be beautiful.

Matt and Lora were married in a sunset beach ceremony in Jamaica this November, and now it's time for a stateside reception-blowout-good time! I hope they have warm beach memories in their hearts though, because today in Chicago the high is 9 degrees... and with the wind chill figured in I think it's supposed to be -20!

Unnecessary, Chicago.

Anyway, I'm so excited to get to work on the flowers! I've already got the roses sitting in water so they can open up and get gorgeous in time for Saturday. It's amazing when you think about what flowers can withstand.

These roses, for example, made the long journey from their gardens in Ecuador and other parts of South America (and a few from California) in boxes, all the way to my water buckets here in the Midwest. And I have to tell you, they're none the worse for wear:

I have, in my possession, the most gorgeous batch of garden and spray roses I've ever seen. They smell amazing, and they look even more amazing. I can't wait to get the rest of the order today! The orchids coming in from Thailand are sure to blow my mind.

Lora, if you see this, rest assured! Everything is going to be so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment