Friday, March 4, 2011

Birthday Callas, Acacia, and spring...coming to Chicago?

Today I had the honor of putting together a lovely birthday arrangement. The only real requirement was Calla Lilies. No problem! I paired these gorgeous pinky-purple ones with tons of cheerful Asiatic Lilies, making for one lily-ful bucket o' blooms.

On the search for an interesting accent, my amazing wholesale genius, Laura, pointed me toward the Acacia. Or Mimosa? I guess it could be called either! Whatever you want to call it, I believe it is a new favorite of mine! Tiny fuzzy yellow balls that are AMAZINGLY fragrant! I love it! I want to use it in everything! (Thanks, Laura!)

{click to enlarge}

As I walked through the lovely streets of downtown Chicago en route to deliver the arragement, I was so warm I actually unzipped my down jacket! And even though it was decidedly drizzly this morning, I don't think there's any way to deny it: spring is almost here. I'm so excited! Don't I look it?

Of course, the weather report says it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Lame. If you need me I'll be over by the Acacia, imagining I'm sunning myself on a tropical beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment